Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grandchildren are delightful

My five year old granddaughter is a breath of fresh air. If life is heavy, dull, or absurd, I am immediately brightened just to be in her presence. Indeed, she lifts me to a higher realm. Her constant smile radiates love and a contagious zest for life, unequaled by anyone. She infects me joy as I watch her savor each moment we are together. After my visits, I find myself reinvigorated and refreshed. I look forward to next week's visit when we will laugh, and play again. Her animated, bubbly conversations cover a gamut of topics, and she is opinionated on every one. I am indeed blessed to view the world anew, through her big hazel eyes. I am thankful indeed that I am her grandmother. She is truly wonderful compensation for my wrinkles.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwww! :D That's so sweet! My nephew makes me feel like that, too. It's just nice to be around him.

    I'm glad your granddaughter makes you happy. This put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete