Thursday, February 19, 2009

===level Linda Yearns to Explore Cyber Realm

Thanks to Professor Norvell, I can now navigate to my blog and the limitless cyberspace beyond. Indeed, this is an exciting prospect. I am filled with a sense of adventure and excitement similar to what one experiences at the outset of a spontaneous, unplanned, cross-country road trip. I am open and eager to visit new lands, view the scenery, meet new people, and embrace their culture. I'm an optimistic "newby". With this perspective, the possibilities seem endless and inviting.

It is my initial intention to accomplish much, though I don't exactly know what that is and even less about what to expect along the way. I am naive, and at this departure, totally unabashed. My only plan is to observe, then communicate and enlist spontaneously interactions with fellow cyber beings that will create a log of sorts that I can later analyze. I fear my real test will be communicating in fast conversations that will engage others so I become a worthy player, and not a voyeur who will go down in flames.

As I contemplated maneuvering through the virtual realm, the thought stuck me that I will most probably encounter "bots" from time to time as I travel the virtual highways. Will I recognize them as "bots" or think them to be typing, disembodied humans? At this point, I can only conjecture. So here goes my first attempt at blogging as an anthropological researcher. All comments and communications are welcome, classmates as well, and especially all others. Bon Voyage to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment